[Resolved] Excerpt not showing on posts imported from another site

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Excerpt not showing on posts imported from another site

Home Forums Support Excerpt not showing on posts imported from another site

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    niall

Hi,
    I’ve imported posts from another wordpress site but I cant seem to get the excerpt to display on the archive page, If I change the content type to full content it displays the full content but when I switch back to “excerpt” it dosen’t display anything (inspecting with developer tools shows there’s nothing being output to div class=”entry-summary”)…If I create a new post it all works perfectly, the issue seems to be with posts imported from another site (I can manually add an excerpt to each post and this works but dosen’t display the read more button)

The imported posts came from an older site which was using the Avada theme so I had to delete a lot of shortcode junk so I dont know if this might be the cause of the problem

Any help would be much appreciate so thanks in advance!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you check one of the imported posts in the Text editor to see if there is any HTML markup at the top of the post?

niall

Hi David,
    There was originally a load of shortcodes (from the Avada theme) I’ve deleted them and now there’s no markup in the post except for the usual h1, h2 tags (I’m using the classic editor and Ive checked in the “text” tab), it’s very odd because if I create new posts everything works fine its just the imported ones that dont show the excerpt…I’ve also tried changing the format from standard to aside and back again with no result, I’ll check the database in case there’s something odd about the imported posts

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Database check maybe the only way to go – the excerpts may have got saved into the Database on import. Unfortunately there isn’t a WP function that i have found that allows you to rebuild them. Let us know how you get on.

niall

Hi David,
    As I suspected, the avada shortcodes were still in the database, by removing them it fixed the problem

cheers

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear you got that resolved, and thanks for sharing the fix.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.