[Resolved] Ever going to move away from Unsemantic?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Ever going to move away from Unsemantic?

Home Forums Support Ever going to move away from Unsemantic?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chad

I just want to be sure, before I start diving into using Unsemantic classes throughout my site. πŸ™‚

With Bootstrap 4 coming soon… any thoughts of moving away from Unsemantic?

GeneratePress 2.0.1
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If anything, we’ll switch to using CSS Grid at some point in the future.

That being said, it will be an option to turn CSS Grid on. Too many GP sites are using Unsemantic Grid for us to stop using it by default. Good thing it’s awesome! πŸ™‚

Chad

Just making sure.

I can’t tell from the site’s documentation, but the project feels a bit stale… and potentially bloated compared to some more minimal frameworks (Bootstrap not one of those obviously). With 5% increments for grids all coded per media query… πŸ˜‰

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

There’s definitely quite a few grid classes that I would remove now if I could, but overall the bloat is quite minimal. GP only being ~30kb on fresh install πŸ™‚

Markus

I would like to inform you that the Bootstrap v3.3.7 grid css only is just 13kb including Normalize!
    The Bootstrap v4 grid css is about 30kb.

As far as I know with the Bootstrap grid css you can do everything or more you can do with Unsemantic, with less classes (while it’s mobile first, Unsemantic isn’t).

BS is working well, well documented, very popular so many people know the classes to use and it is even quite lightweight.
    So perhaps worth considering for the future? πŸ™‚

Mark

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.