[Support request] Errors in schema markup

Home Forums Support [Support request] Errors in schema markup

Home Forums Support Errors in schema markup

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Swadhin

Hi there,

I just checked out one of my posts on Schema tester tool and was surprised to find it has 3 errors.

I have shared the URL on Google and I request you to please check any articles and see where the error is coming from. I am panicking.

P.S. I have not disabled GP schema markup or anything and the Yoast plugin is at the latest version (it had introduced schema markups in some versions I think.

Thanks so much ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I tested your home page, but I’m not seeing any errors. Is there a specific page I should be looking at?

Swadhin

Hi Tom,

I checked out this page and this page so I think it is basically with all articles. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Those errors are coming from the JSON+LD markup that Yoast SEO is added. You likely need to configure some things in the plugin if you’re using Article.

You’ll also want to disable the GP schema:

add_filter( 'generate_schema_type', '__return_false' );

Swadhin

Hi Tom,

I disabled GP schema and it didn’t solve the issue.

Also what changes do I need to make with Yoast, as you suggested?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’ll likely need to ask Yoast support, as it’s their code that’s adding the Article markup, which requires more fields to be added to your page.

Removing the GP schema won’t fix the issue, it will just make sure you don’t have multiple schema types in the page.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.