[Resolved] Errors and warnings found while running Theme Check on child theme of GP

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Errors and warnings found while running Theme Check on child theme of GP

Home Forums Support Errors and warnings found while running Theme Check on child theme of GP

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Vikas Nathani

Hi Tom,

Today i read reviews of generatepress WP theme and was very pleased to use it on my website. I found below mentioned error and warnings after running the child theme of GP on my blogger http://www.priceghar.com

1. RECOMMENDED: No reference to add_theme_support( “custom-header”, $args ) was found in the theme. It is recommended that the theme implement this functionality if using an image for the header.

2. RECOMMENDED: No reference to add_theme_support( “custom-background”, $args ) was found in the theme. If the theme uses background images or solid colors for the background, then it is recommended that the theme implement this functionality.

3. RECOMMENDED: No reference to add_editor_style() was found in the theme. It is recommended that the theme implement editor styling, so as to make the editor content match the resulting post output in the theme, for a better user experience.

4. RECOMMENDED: Tags: is either empty or missing in style.css header.

5. WARNING WP_DEBUG is not enabled! Please test your theme with debug enabled before you upload!

I am totally unaware of these errors. Please let me know how could i fix these issues. Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

One more thing, after activating your theme all the tables, links on my sites have changed drastically. Does it depend on theme to theme. Or is there any common code/module which will control all the tables and links.

Regards,
    Vikas Nathani

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

These actually aren’t errors – they’re just recommendations, and as GP handles these functions elsewhere, I don’t think they’re necessary to add to the theme.

No worries though, they aren’t errors and won’t harm anything.

As for that warning – it’s simply telling to enable WP DEBUG to make sure everything is coded well, but I develop everything with WP DEBUG on, and the WP.org reviewers make sure there’s no errors or warnings, so you don’t need to worry about that either.

Tables and links are theme dependent, but you can always alter them the way you want using CSS.

There’s lots of table styling resources out there if you Google “Table CSS generator”.

Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.