[Resolved] Error when upgrading add-ons

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Error when upgrading add-ons

Home Forums Support Error when upgrading add-ons

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Dries

Hi

When i use the latest add ons i get the following error:

PHP Warning: is_readable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/languages/en_US.mo) is not within the allowed path(s): (***) in ****\wp-includes\l10n.php on line 476

What can i do on shared hosting to work with your latest addons?

Thx

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Is this happening when you try to activate the Sections add-on in GP Premium?

Let me know 🙂

Dries

I think thats the one causing troubles. In the old add-on there was no section addon :-). When i use the new addon i got this error. Is it possible to disable the addon so i can say yes or no :).

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Found the error – the link path to the translatable file is wrong in GP Premium for the Sections add-on.

You can disable it in “Appearance > GeneratePress”.

I’ll be releasing the update today that fixes the path 🙂

Dries

Thanks! I will test your improvements and give you a return. Thx for the quick response

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I just released an update that should fix this 🙂

Dries

I´m sorry but the error still exists. The whole site is down because of this error. Even the admin panel zo i cannot turn off the addon

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The same error?

Go into your hosting file manager and go to wp-content/plugins and rename the gp-premium folder to something else. This will deactivate the plugin.

The initial error you gave me is just a PHP warning which wouldn’t take the site down.

I’m running this new version on multiple different hosts (including this site) with no issues.

Can you contact your hosting and make sure your server is using a fairly recent version of PHP?

If you’d like to email me ftp details to support@generatepress.com I can look into this for you?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Looking at this more, I’m convinced your hosting is using PHP4 (super old).

I’ll add a check in the next version to stop running the plugin if PHP4 is being used.

For now, definitely call your hosting and ask them to upgrade you.

Let me know – sorry about the inconvenience!

Dries

Hi Tom,

Its not PHP4
    this is what i see: PHP support On (version: 5.4.39; handler: FastCGI application)

It´s a plesk windows environment.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you turn on WP DEBUG and see if it tells you anything?

https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG

Dries

I installed your latest addon

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

And it gave you an error? Or just a white page?

If it’s just a white page, turn on WP DEBUG so it gives you some sort of information about the error: https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Here’s some information on the error I’ve found – it seems to be a WordPress/Windows/Plesk issue. Is there any way you can migrate to Linux?

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-adminimize-warning-is_readable-functionis-readable-open_basedir-restriction

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25446418/getting-php-warning-is-readable-open-basedir-restriction-in-effect-when-u

Here’s a snippet I found on it:

Cause: This warning is associated primarily, but not always, with MS Windows IIS web servers where the server has been configured with a open_basedir directive. That directive, some web administrators believe, makes the server more secure by preventing anyone but the owner of the effective directories from being accessed. This is not necessary on modern servers where you can configure restrictions on a per user basis anyway. So, what this warning is saying in layman’s terms is:

`We have added the open_basedir directive, and because we did;
    Your theme cannot access any folder other than Temp folder and the root examnple.com folder on this server.`

How to solve this: Copy and paste the error in full and send it to your web hosting support service. Ask then to create an exception for the folder that is not permitting access by the Revolution Slider plugin. They will know what to do. If they will not assist you,you should consider changing hosts, or you will have to keep the Revolution Slider disabled in Theme Options -> Extra Options. There are no other options for resolving this issue.

It looks like your best option is to call your hosting and get them to fix it.

Let me know 🙂

Dries Vander Meulen

Hi Tom

Sorry for the late response….

Thanks for the given links. I will ask the provider after i moved the site.

I will notify you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.