[Resolved] Error Line 176 – Layout broken suddenly

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Error Line 176 – Layout broken suddenly

Home Forums Support Error Line 176 – Layout broken suddenly

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Susan

Update: I disabled the GP Elements Module, and my site is back up without errors. Perhaps the plugin below broke something. Still reviewing to see if the errors come back, but wanted to update you. Thanks in advance.

————-

I’m not sure what happened, but suddenly I am receiving the following error on my site:

Warning
    : html_entity_decode(): charset `’ not supported, assuming utf-8 in
    /home/content/a2pewpnaspod05_data03/16/41560916/html/wp-content/themes/generatepress/inc/structure/header.php
    on line

It seems to happen when navigating to the blog section on my site. I had to put on a maintenance window for now. Here is a screen shot of the error: https://postimg.cc/image/l5c1abmuj/

I had unfortunately installed File Manager Advance plugin this afternoon, not sure if it is related or not. No other changes for several days. So I disabled the plug in and the same issue persisted. So I restored my site from two days ago, and the same issue is there. Can you help? Thanks in advance

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Have you fixed this?

I just checked out the blog page on the site you linked and not seeing any errors:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/OYLmq0RI

Let me know πŸ™‚

Susan

Well, to make my site work successfully, I had to disable Generate Press Elements Module. I don’t need the feature now, but I might in the future. How can this error be fixed? Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Are there any strange characters in your site title? Maybe try re-typing it in “Settings > General”.

If not, is that the full error? This part doesn’t make sense to me: charset ’ not supported,

There’s just an apostrophe after charset?

Susan

Yes, there is an apostrophe after charset, and no unusual characters in the title. I disabled all plugins last evening, re-enabled Generate Press first, and tested each after. So far, seems to be working so I’m going to resolve this for now and will reopen if I have additional issues. Thank you for reaching out on this issue!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.