[Support request] Error in GeneratePress prevents from entering the wordpress interface.

Home Forums Support [Support request] Error in GeneratePress prevents from entering the wordpress interface.

Home Forums Support Error in GeneratePress prevents from entering the wordpress interface.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    clc

Hello,

I am using generate press with elementor.
    When trying to enter the wordpress interface of the website for regular maintenance I received error 520 and error 524.
    Several minutes afterwards I received an email from the wordpress system reporting of a problem deriving from the GeneratePress plugin. stating that an error of the type E_PARSE in line 2200 at the file

home/websitename/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/inc/activation.php

error message: syntax error, unexpected end of file.

At the moment I still can’t enter the website’s wordpress interface.

I will appreciate your assistance

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Have you modified the plugin files in any ways?

There is no line 2200 in the file activation.php. The file ends at line 597.

You might need to re-install GP Premium through FTP access.

Let me know if this helps 🙂

clc

Hi Leo,

Thank you for your reply.
    I didn’t change anything at the code of the file.
    yesterday I used the website and everything was fine.
    However, today the crush happened again resulting in 520,507 errors. I then received an e-mail from the site regarding the same technical error×¥

I didn’t change the code of GP nor have I changed any of it’s settings in the past few weeks.
    The only change that might have happened is WP update.

I will appreciate if you could help me understand what to do in order to solve it
    *I have used GP+elementor to build the website and I am afraid that deleting GP plugin and reinstalling might cause changes in the website or delete it.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

all of the GP Premium settings are saved in the database. So if you delete the plugin and re-install it your settings will return. It is advisable of course to create a backup before doing any significant changes.

clc

I understand, yet I think that in order to find a proper solution to the problem, it is best to understand what’s causing the problem from the beginning.
    I don’t mind erasing and reinstalling, but I think it is best to pay attention to the technical problem the e-mail from wordpress is trying to depict and refer to.

What problem does this message depicts? what could have caused it?
    I believe that understanding those might allow to aim for the right solution.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

520 errors are a general time-out error. ie the server took to long to respond.
    524 errors are more specific and generally related to the Cloudflare CDN. This occurs when something unexpected happened. In this case an unexpected end of file in the GP activation.php.

As Leo pointed out the activation.php does not run to 2200 lines.
    This means the file has been a. corrupted or b. manipulated by something or someone.
    It may just be a case the Cloudflare cache has got corrupted and clearing that may fix the issue.
    If not re-installing the plugin should resolve it.

If it continues to happen then it would likely be a problem with cloudflare configuration.
    If it isn’t then it could be a hack. In which case you would want to run some anti malware plugins.

Personally i expect it is cloudflare that is causing the problem.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.