[Resolved] Error "Block Editor Requires Javascript"

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Error "Block Editor Requires Javascript"

Home Forums Support Error "Block Editor Requires Javascript"

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Samuel

I was trying to edit the home page which uses sections. In the middle of editing I’m now getting the message Error “Block Editor Requires Javascript.” It only comes up on a page using sections. It does not come up on any other page or post.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Is javascript enabled in your browser? If you use another browser, does the issue continue?

Samuel

Yes, javascript is enabled and I can edit every other page and post in my site without any problems. I discovered what the problem is by looking at the url of the page but I don’t know how to fix it. The page is using sections. In one section I inserted an HTML comment. The problem is I accidentally didn’t close the comment correctly so the code was:

<!-- comment --.

Because of thot a bunch of things that should be urls are instead coming through os comments. The problem is I don’t know how to fix it. I guess at this point I will have to recreate the entire page and just delete it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Are you not able to just delete that single Section, or is the broken comment breaking everything on the page? Very strange – I’ll see if there’s anything we can do to prevent it.

Samuel

No, the problem is when I try to edit it in WordPress the editor won’t even load. I think the only solution is probably to recreate the page.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks for heads up – I’ll look into it ๐Ÿ™‚

Samuel

Quick question-where does GeneratePress store section html in the WordPress database? I want to see if I can edit the database before I recreate the page.

Samuel

Nevermind, I simply restored a backup from right before the change and all is well now.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

For future reference, it stores as post meta for that particular page ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.