[Resolved] Enable tags for pages

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Enable tags for pages

Home Forums Support Enable tags for pages

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ralph

Dear generatepress-team,

first of all thanks for developing such a great theme!

My request: I would like to enable tags for pages without creating an archive page for them.

FYI:
    – I’ve informed myself on CPTs as well and in this case tags would be more handy for me.
    – I’m aware that there are also plugins for my request, but I try limiting the plugin usage.
    – My goal is to add tags to pages in a way that I can configure consistent display rules for different page templates (hero sections for instance) + for related posts queries – the used page builder is elementor -> so in short: the tags should just work in the background to establish relationships between different pages.

So after my “research” I have found the following snippet, that I would like to add to my child theme’s function php – to be safe I would be glad if you could have a look on the code before I implement it:

// add tag support to pages
    function tags_support_all() {
    register_taxonomy_for_object_type(‘post_tag’, ‘page’);
    }

// ensure all tags are included in queries
    function tags_support_query($wp_query) {
    if ($wp_query->get(‘tag’)) $wp_query->set(‘post_type’, ‘any’);
    }

// tag hooks
    add_action(‘init’, ‘tags_support_all’);
    add_action(‘pre_get_posts’, ‘tags_support_query’);

A short description of what the different parts of the code are doing would also be awesome.

Thanks a lot and best regards from Germany,
    Ralph

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Things like tags and categories are all handled by WordPress itself and GP doesn’t interfere with them at all.

I would recommend going ahead to try the code and see if it works for you – if it works for default WP twenty-series themes, it should work with GP.

If not then plugin route might be a good idea as well – Code is code, doesn’t matter whether it’s added as a plugin or added as separate functions as what you have above, they are still code.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Ralph

Hi Leo,

thanks for your reply. At the end I’ve opted for the plugin cpt ui and it does an awesome job.

Have a nice day!
    Ralph

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.