[Resolved] Enable full width pages is not working

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Enable full width pages is not working

Home Forums Support Enable full width pages is not working

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Richard

Hello,

I just purchase GeneratePress last night and have been digging into it for a photography website that I am building.

One of the issues that I am up against is that some pages want to have a full width (photo gallery pages) and other (like the contact page) wants to be contained.

First, I tried setting Customize > Layout > Container and using the “Container Width” slider but it did not effect the page container. It only seems to effect the Header of the page. BTW, I have “Content Layout” set to “Separate Containers”. But, even with it set to “One Container”, still the slider does not effect the page’s width.

I inspected the elements of the page and it seems to be that there is a max-width set at the .no-sidebar .inside-article > * element. I could override this using an !important declaration but this would effect the layout site wide and I need to be able to control the container on a page by page basis.

Some Google searching led me to the support article that goes into “Layout” setting for “Page Builder Container”. I set this to full width but, again, it had no effect on the main page content.

I am stumped. Is there a way to control the width of the main page somewhere? Here are some screenshots of what I have been trying so far: Screenshot of what I have tried so far

Also, the css that I added into the Custom CSS field is this:

.no-sidebar .inside-article > *{
    max-width:95%!important;
    }

I really appreciate any help in this matter so I can move forward with this project.

-Richard

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The Full Width Content option is definitely the way to go.

Does it work if you go into “Customize > Additional CSS” and replace:

.no-sidebar .inside-article > *

With:

.no-sidebar:not(.full-width-content) .inside-article > *

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Richard

Hi Tom,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Brilliantly elegant bit of CSS you supplied there. I plugged it in and it worked like a charm.

Cheers!
    Richard

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome! Glad I could help ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.