[Resolved] Embed Icontact conflict

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Embed Icontact conflict

Home Forums Support Embed Icontact conflict

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Weatherly

I’m not sure you can help but I suspect you are more likely to try than the culprit. Can’t hurt to ask. Someone on the IContact form side has updated something that is now overriding the default Generatepress Customizer settings on every page the embed code for the newsletter is on. It’s altering everything, fonts, background colors, padding and margins.

This happened on a live site and when we checked our test site (with old plugins and wordpress) the problem was there too. So we know its something that happened on IContact server and being pushed out.

Do you know of any way we can get somehow get Generatepress and its default styles to override the thing? Am I limited to tracking down everything in the customizer, sticking it in simple css and putting !important on it?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the iContact form is making its own request to get the Bootstrap style sheet from its own servers. You don’t want to be manually overwriting this, there are a tonne of styles. As Toolset is already loading bootstrap ( correctly ) then the best thing to do is ask the iContact plugin author how to remove the request for the style sheet.

In the meantime you can get rid of the margins and set the background color so the site looks ok:

body {
        margin: 0 !important;
        background-color: #fff !important;
    }
    Weatherly

Thanks for the suggestion. We’ll give that a try. Wish I thought IContact would care but I doubt it! All the WordPress plugins for it seem to be obsolete too.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

How us iContact added to the site? If its an embed code – could you share it here ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.