[Support request] Email – Free e-book site

Home Forums Support [Support request] Email – Free e-book site

Home Forums Support Email – Free e-book site

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    robmac

Hello,

I’m starting work on a new site and firstly, apologies if the following points and questions seem “basic”, but in truth, I’ve never built a “give-away” type site before. I’ll dot-point things, to keep it all concise.

1) I’m using GP Theme and have an all add-on’s license.

2) Keeping it Simple – to receive a free e-book, on the front page of the site, people will be invited to submit their email into a “Sign-Up” box and click Submit – at that point, I’d like the e-book to auto-mail to them. [This email will also act as a “confirmation” of subscription to my email list – at any time of course, people will have the right to unsubscribe.]

3) IF possible, rather than the typical commercial auto-responders, I’d rather keep things “in house” and set all this up through my hosted cPanel – I’ll check with my hosting service, but is this generally possible?

In a nutshell, my questions to those more experienced in this are please:

> Can I reasonably do this with “average” WP skills? Or, would slipping a respected coder off Fiverr etc a few bucks, be a better way to go? I don’t mind using it as a learning exercise, but don’t want to turn it into a “never-ending” task! I’d like to be up and running within a week to 10 days.

> What are some of the other plugins etc I should be looking at? .

Can anyone point to a good Youtube video or similar, that gives me some good training on this type of thing please?

Thank you. I ask here, because when I go digging myself online – there’s SO MUCH – info overkill now to find what I really want.

Thanks again.

Robert.

GeneratePress 1.3.44
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Robert,

I’m not sure how easy this would be to do “in house”.

However, I used to do it for clients all the time using MailChimp. You create the list, and they provide the sign up box HTML.

Then you just provide your free download link inside the welcome email after they confirm their email.

Roberto Enrique

This can be another way to do it using cpanel only
    You can configure an autoresponder for an email account that automatically send your ebook as an attachment.
    (although the Mailchimp Way is way better for many of reasons)

robmac

Thank you for your replies. Much appreciated. I’ll use Mail Chimp!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.