[Support request] Elements

Home Forums Support [Support request] Elements

Home Forums Support Elements

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Marco

Hello
    tried to create a hook element with the following code but I’m getting some errors – hope somebody can help.

Thanks

<?php

global $post;

$pid = (int) $post->post_parent; 

echo do_shortcode('[ gallery id="'.$pid.'" numberposts="3" ]');
    ?>

the error is as follows: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'gallery' (T_STRING), expecting ',' or ')' in /Users/Marco/Sites/cms/wp-mmjaeger/wp-content/plugins/generatepress-premium/elements/class-hooks.php(180) : eval()'d code on line 10

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I just gave your code a try and didn’t get that error. Just to confirm, is “Execute PHP” checked?

Marco

Execute PHP is checked – I’ve added the same element to the site online – gave you the url and credentials some days ago – same error?! maybe I’m doing something wrong?

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘gallery’ (T_STRING), expecting ‘,’ or ‘)’ in /home/mmjaeger/public_html/gp/wp-content/plugins/generatepress-premium/elements/class-hooks.php(180) : eval()’d code on line 7

Marco

I put basically the same code into the functions.php file and it works fine?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What about this?:

<?php
        global $post;

$pid = (int) $post->post_parent; 

$shortcode = '[ gallery id="' . $pid . '" numberposts="3"]';
        echo do_shortcode( $shortcode );
    ?>

Be sure to remove the space between the [ and gallery. I had to add the space to prevent our site from trying to render the shortcode.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.