[Support request] Elements with Hover are moving

Home Forums Support [Support request] Elements with Hover are moving

Home Forums Support Elements with Hover are moving

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kevin

I tried to put a :hover code on the .inside-article and .widget, it worked, but even without transform css and scale css, only with border css, when I move the mouse over the images, they move very little, almost imperceptibly, but that irritates me , I don’t want the widget or archive to move when hovering mouse, I just want it to have red embroidery. Do you know why this happens? Website dai.skdesu.com

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

CSS border property adds to the width of the element, and since the .inside-article default state doesn’t have border, it doesn’t have the extra width.

However, we can do a workaround where we add the extra width on the default state so there’s no layout shift caused by the small width change.

Try this CSS:

.generate-columns .inside-article{
    border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0);
    }

We’re basically adding an “invisible” border to add in the width.

Kevin

Thanks, I thought it might be that, but I just put the border on .inside-article {without .generate-columns, so it went wrong.

Now all makes sense. I didn’t think it could have been that, because the border without hover had worked. I thought it could be something related to flexbox, so I asked here on the forum. Thank you.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem. Glad to be of any help. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.