- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 8 months ago by David.
April 22, 2020 at 9:23 pm #1250338Mary
Hi there, newbie here. I’m excited to take a deep dive into Generate Press Premium. I have reviewed all Appearance/Elements tutorials and see the power behind them. What’s strange is my first attempt to pull a hook (video content) into the home page was unsuccessful. After a few hours, I randomly unchecked “Sections” on the Home Page and saw a + sign to add reusable blocks.
1) Is the reusable blocks feature a part of Generate Press or is that run by something else?
2) I saw the “conflicting display location” documentation. Is that why my video did not show up on the home page? If I enable shortcode, is there syntax to add that element to a page? I may be misunderstanding the function of shortcode here.
Overall, I want to pull out the right tool in the toolbox. My plan is to have small blocks of content, wrapped in div id’s that I can then animate with greensock (GSAP club) for an interactive UX experience. The user will never scroll down. They will click something and content will appear/disappear from the screen view. It sounds like I’m going to use reusable blocks for that and not Elements. Correct?
Thanks in advance for your time!April 23, 2020 at 2:47 am #1250778DavidStaffCustomer Support
1. Reusable Blocks are part of the WordPress Block Editor.
They allow you to save block content so you can re-use it in other posts. If you edit a reusable block then all instances of that block will be updated.
2.Hook Elements DO NOT have Display Rule Conflicts – that only applies to a Header Element.
Elements should be used for making changes to the ‘theme’ layout or for inserting content into the theme templates ie. Areas of your site that cannot be reached from the Post Editor.
For your need sounds like you just need to create you content within Block Editor. You can use the Group Block to give you the DIV element. Or you can test out our new Block Plugin which is currently in Beta:April 23, 2020 at 6:59 am #1251268Mary
Thank you, David, for clearing up my muddy waters. I will take your advice.
The new Block Plugin looks promising. I’m curious what bloat it will be reducing.April 23, 2020 at 7:27 am #1251323
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.