[Resolved] Elements stop working when switching from child theme

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Elements stop working when switching from child theme

Home Forums Support Elements stop working when switching from child theme

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    epickenyan

1. Hi. I recently switched from the child theme to parent theme after getting comfortable with the hooks. However, the elements stopped working and causing errors e.g. on single pages. I had to recreate all the elements afresh. Is this normal behaviour?

2. I was reading a comparison of GeneratePress and Astra and one of the cons raised against GP is lack of a dedicated styling for single posts in the customizer (typography, width, etc). Is this something in the works?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. Elements aren’t aware of child theme vs parent theme. What kind of errors were you getting?

2. What kind of options do you find yourself missing? Always looking for feedback ๐Ÿ™‚

epickenyan

1. I have hooked several elements on the single posts (breadcrumbs, author, related posts created with ACF plugin, etc). So, when I switched from child theme to parent theme, anything after the entry header section stopped showing. That’s why I recreated the elements afresh.
    2. What I meant is separating e.g. the typography of single posts from the body because any changes to the single posts (or pages) have to be done with CSS. Maybe have a separate (or additional) section for single posts in the typography section. Also maybe add a separate width element for single posts that is separate from the container (I saw there is a function to enable this, but it would be good to have it in the customiser).

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

1. You re-created the elements? They no longer existed at all?

2. We haven’t received a lot of requests for different typography options for single posts. However, we do have plans on adding an option to adjust the content width under certain conditions.

epickenyan

1. I discovered it was one element that caused the issue after testing in the local environment. What I meant by ‘recreate’ is copy and paste each element to a new element and delete the previous one.
    2. I would suggest the typography option. I like full width for posts but would prefer separate typography option for single posts. Right now, CSS works fine though.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

1. All resolved then?

2. Appreciate the feedback! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.