- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 2 months ago by Leo.
May 7, 2019 at 9:11 am #892012Zero
I’m trying to replace my site header and am running into a couple of issues.
I want to take what is currently my page header and move it up to replace my site header using Elements. It’s not working as expected.
I referred to:
1. When I create a site header hook, the hook dropdown menu is empty (when I refresh it shortly shows “wp_hook” before disappearing) – chrome and firefox. Have refreshed site cache.
However, the element still appears to work as I can type text and it shows up at the top of the page (see attached image) – but that leads me to my next issue…
2. The text I type isn’t contained within and doesn’t replace the existing site header. Perhaps this is by design (in which case, I need more info).
Ultimately, I simply want to type [shortcode] (or any text/HTML) and replace the existing header with it. When I type text, it simply shows up at the top of the page (as shown), but outside the site design.
What is the text/html I need to type in order to have [shortcode] replace the existing header and conform to the rest of the site’s design?
Thank you.May 7, 2019 at 9:54 am #892045LeoStaffCustomer Support
1. This shouldn’t be happening. Can you try #1 here to eliminate any plugin conflicts first?
2. Can we solve the issue above first?
Can you also clear then disable WP Fastest Cache? We do specifically request this when in the Create new topic check list.
Thanks!May 7, 2019 at 3:22 pm #892272Zero
I deactivated all plugins and reactivated them one by one until I found the plugin causing the Hook Dropdown menu to be empty:
Post Grid by PickPlugins
Version 2.0.32 | By PickPlugins
I managed to place [smartslider] in place of the original header and adjusted the settings so it is centered and at the same width and the container below it.
Originally, I was under the impression you could simply replace the existing header container with new content, but it appears you have to completely build a new one. Any text I wrote never fit within an existing container.
In any case, I ended up with the effect I wanted for now. Thanks for your assistance.May 7, 2019 at 3:53 pm #892289
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.