- This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 6 months ago by Marcus.
October 15, 2018 at 2:47 pm #701712wekhter
Hey, finally got around to converting Page Headers to Elements on a side site and found that while I could set a Page Header to show up on all pages and then disable it on specific pages using the Disable Elements metabox (choosing featured image/page header) it looks like the new Page Hero element doesn’t work the same way. It feels like you should be able to disable the page hero using disable elements, just as you could the page header. Is this an oversight?GeneratePress 2.1.4GP Premium 1.7.2October 15, 2018 at 4:37 pm #701754TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
That’s an option we’ll be adding in GPP 1.8.
Currently, the only way to disable the Page Hero on specific pages is to use the “Exclusions” within the “Display Rules” when creating your element.
Let me know if you need more info 🙂October 16, 2018 at 7:43 am #702197wekhter
@Tom gotcha–I know how to do the exclusions, but it’s a lot easier to set that sort of thing on the specific page rather than having to remember to go back to the elements & add an exclusion rule every time I want to override the normal setup.
In the same vein, are there any plans to add the ability to set a layout/page hero based on a page’s template? That would make the inclusion/exclusion rules much more powerful.
Also (not related at all), I just remembered a few Gutenberg-related questions:
1) Are you planning on adding support for Gutenberg wide and/or full width images? Not entirely sure if full-width images really make sense in the context of Generatepress, but wide images (that reach the edges of containers) do.
2) It would be great if, when you do an update for Gutenberg, you make it so elements in Gutenberg actually follow customizer color settings (like the button element)October 16, 2018 at 8:53 am #702374TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
I agree, it would be useful.
Page Templates are a weird one, as they aren’t registered in WordPress. I’m not sure if it’s possible for us to list the available ones. I’ll do some research.
1. Yea, I’ll most likely add support for this in GP 2.2. I’m not sure how useful it will be though.
2. On it 🙂October 30, 2018 at 9:31 am #714546Marcus
Nice to hear that on-page disabling of elements will be coming in GP 1.8! Thank you Tom.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.