[Resolved] Elements issue

Home Forums Support Elements issue

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Richard

Hi, i have set an element to show up over all of the site at the top with an image, the lightbulb one, it works great on all the pages. However I imported 50 blogs posts from another site which i am transfering to GP – these posts have featured images and they seem to supersede the element image, meaning that they don’t look correct as i want the light bulb image site wide. Any ideas please?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

how do you set the Background Image in the Header Element as a Custom Image or Featured Image > Fallback?
    The right one would be Custom Image. If that is set try re-saving the Header Element.

Richard

Thanks David, it was set to custom, have tried all the options (featured), displayed featured, background overlay etc to try and get the normal header to work – any further ideas please? Cheers

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

What happens if you delete that Header Element and recreate it from scratch?

Richard

Hi David, appreciate your help on this, I’m definitely doing something wrong!

So my steps (might see me missing something here) are

1` – Elements > add new > header
    2 – Add custom image
    3 – set display rule as blog and post

Am I missing something there please? Have also tried with “disable featured image” ticked an unticked.

Cheers
    Richard

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Couple of things:

1. Make sure there are no other Header Elements assigned to Posts.
    2. In the Elements list can you see Legacy Page Headers button at the top of the screen? If so can you check in there to make sure there isn’t a legacy header.

If none of that works then would you be able to provide temporary admin access so i can take a look? You can send details via the Account Issue form, please include the URL of this topic so we can track:

https://generatepress.com/contact/

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Aah ok – you have a Display Rule conflict.
    You’re Global Header is applied to the entire site ( excl. Front Page ) so this is being applied everywhere including your Blog and Posts.

For the Blog Header element to work you would need to exclude Blog and Posts from the Global Heaer.

Or simply remove the Blog Header and edit your Global Header and set the Image to Custom.

Richard

Thank you David! Appreciate the help and now know for the future, thanks again

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.