[Resolved] Elements Hook / WP Show Posts Suggestion

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Elements Hook / WP Show Posts Suggestion

Home Forums Support Elements Hook / WP Show Posts Suggestion

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vr51

I’m not sure whether this suggestion is one for GP Elements or for WP Show Posts, though I think this suggestion would work well if WP Show Posts were integrated with GP Elements.

I want to create a content layout (not the frame/theme layout) for category and tag archive pages. I want the content to populate automatically based on the category the archive page represents. I know I can do this with a custom loop added to a GP Elements hook but as I am already using WP Show Posts I think this could be best achieved if I could create a WP Show Posts list that automatically gets the archive page category without my needing to create a list for each archive page.

The reason I’m suggesting this here is that with GP Elements we can set a page layout, inject code into hooks and set a header for a specific page or page/archive type. WP Show Posts seems to be the missing feature that could help site owners create their own custom loops with all the added features offered by GP Elements but with that bonus ability for WP Show Posts to automatically detect the archive taxonomy.

Are there already plans to make WP Show Posts integrate closely with GP Elements or are there plans to add a custom loop creation feature to GP Elements?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

This is possible in WPSP itself: https://wpshowposts.com/support/topic/possible-to-show-posts-by-taxonomy-rather-than-by-specific-terms/#post-3922

Haven’t thought of integrating them into Elements, but it’s definitely something I’ll take a look at ๐Ÿ™‚

vr51

Thanks Tom! I think this will work just fine.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.