[Resolved] Elements Display Rules DropDown Lists too short – can't select

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Elements Display Rules DropDown Lists too short – can't select

Home Forums Support Elements Display Rules DropDown Lists too short – can't select

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Les

Setup: Staging site on WPStagecoach. WordPress 5.0.3 | PHP 7.2.12 | Apache/2.4.6 (CentOS) OpenSSL/1.0.2k-fips mod_fcgid/2.3.9 | MySQL 10.0.37-MariaDB.

Using GeneratePress Premium, fully updated. This is a situation that shows up while in the WP dashboard. This is not present in the non-staged site, but it is on a very outdated version of PHP.

When attempting to create any element and add a display rule, the dropdown lists are too narrow. It’s difficult to see what I am selecting.

Once a location is selected, such as post category, then the second dropdown list changes to a text-only list, with individual elements not selectable. (Screenshots are not showing up so if you need them I will send you the link.)

Any help appreciated, thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if you can post the links to the screenshots that would be handy.
    Also can you use the browser inspector when on that tab to see if there are any errors in the console.

Les

Thanks for the reply.
    Narrowed dropdown lists

Dropdown lists text-only

I’ve tried inspecting it with the console. However, I don’t see an error on those actions.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s strange, it’s like something is interfering with the CSS.

Any chance you can disable your other plugins to see if there’s a conflict somewhere?

Les

Yes, I did (after posting my last reply) go disable ALL plugins. I had previously disabled the less well-known plugins, but then went back and disabled all of them. (In the future I’ll note to disable ALL plugins before asking questions.) It appears there is a conflict with WishList Member 2.93.4800. Tom & David, thanks for your help.

Les

The client I am working with is not likely to move from Wishlist Member, and they use Wishlist to protect content. Turning off Wishlist to work on Elements would un-protect content. Right now I’m using it on a password-protected staging site, but this could be problematic once the site is live for making minor changes, or creating the occasional Element.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

would you be willing to provide us with temporary admin access, you can send the details via the account issue form:

https://generatepress.com/contact/

Please add the URL to this topic to the form so we can track.

Les

I will as soon as I hear back from the site owner, thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

We got the login, looks like the plugin is making a right mess of things, we’ll get back to you asap.

Les

Thanks, yes, I heard from Tom. I think there is a workaround that I can figure out. Thanks for the fast response.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.