Home Forums Support Elements

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Peter

Hi,

I am changing the look of my site by using the elements. There are 2 things I want to change, but I can’t find where to do it.

1 The homepage items are to close to screen edge in mobile (Elements-layout-content says ‘full width (no padding)’. I think I should maybe add padding, but where.

2 The footer layout (also 4 columns) doesn’t change with the page. How to do that?

Thanks in advance, regards, Peter

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. I don’t see why you should be using the full-width here. When that option is activated, it removes the padding. If you want some padding, then try using the Default option then tweak the padding here:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/content-padding/

2. I’m not sure if I understand. What do you mean by change with the page?

Let me know 🙂

Peter

Hi Leo,

Thanks,

1. I have reread the documents and better rephrase my question. I want to have a wide container on the homepage and smaller on the (detail)pages. How do I do that? (I saw the sections element, but it says I can’t use it with GB-blocks)

2. I want to have the columns in the footer to have the same size and be exactly under the columns on the homepage.

Best wishes, Peter

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

switch over to the Default ( not Full Width ) container.
    Then use the Layout Element to adjust the content width just for the Front Page:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/

The footer will respect the same content width.

Peter

Hi David,

Thanks …

I don’t get it. I set it to the default container (on the page (page builder container)).

Then I used the Layout element as described, but the width doesn’t change and footers stays wider than the page.

Is there a place to switch to Default container that I miss?

Best regards, Peter

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m a little bit confused as well.

What if you change the footer widths to contained?

Peter

Hmmm. That works for the two columns at the right. The other two probably some padding.

But different width doesn’t work. Like the Layout Element doesnt work?!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Set the Customizer container width to the widest size you need eg. home page.
    Then use the Layout Element to reduce the content width on your other pages. If that is the entire site then use Display Rules > Entire Site and Exclude the Front Page.

Peter

That’s it!

Thanks, David and Leo!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad we could be of help

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.