- This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 11 months ago by David.
October 15, 2019 at 4:40 am #1035060Peter
I am changing the look of my site by using the elements. There are 2 things I want to change, but I can’t find where to do it.
1 The homepage items are to close to screen edge in mobile (Elements-layout-content says ‘full width (no padding)’. I think I should maybe add padding, but where.
2 The footer layout (also 4 columns) doesn’t change with the page. How to do that?
Thanks in advance, regards, PeterOctober 15, 2019 at 9:18 am #1035420LeoStaffCustomer Support
1. I don’t see why you should be using the full-width here. When that option is activated, it removes the padding. If you want some padding, then try using the Default option then tweak the padding here:
2. I’m not sure if I understand. What do you mean by change with the page?
Let me know 🙂October 18, 2019 at 3:21 am #1037916Peter
1. I have reread the documents and better rephrase my question. I want to have a wide container on the homepage and smaller on the (detail)pages. How do I do that? (I saw the sections element, but it says I can’t use it with GB-blocks)
2. I want to have the columns in the footer to have the same size and be exactly under the columns on the homepage.
Best wishes, PeterOctober 18, 2019 at 6:33 am #1038056DavidStaffCustomer Support
switch over to the Default ( not Full Width ) container.
Then use the Layout Element to adjust the content width just for the Front Page:
The footer will respect the same content width.October 18, 2019 at 8:38 am #1038265Peter
I don’t get it. I set it to the default container (on the page (page builder container)).
Then I used the Layout element as described, but the width doesn’t change and footers stays wider than the page.
Is there a place to switch to Default container that I miss?
Best regards, PeterOctober 18, 2019 at 9:50 am #1038327LeoStaffCustomer SupportOctober 18, 2019 at 11:13 am #1038377Peter
Hmmm. That works for the two columns at the right. The other two probably some padding.
But different width doesn’t work. Like the Layout Element doesnt work?!October 18, 2019 at 11:22 am #1038379DavidStaffCustomer Support
Set the Customizer container width to the widest size you need eg. home page.
Then use the Layout Element to reduce the content width on your other pages. If that is the entire site then use Display Rules > Entire Site and Exclude the Front Page.October 19, 2019 at 1:08 am #1038694Peter
Thanks, David and Leo!October 19, 2019 at 5:44 am #1038795
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.