[Resolved] Elementor templates with links not working inserted into hook

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Elementor templates with links not working inserted into hook

Home Forums Support Elementor templates with links not working inserted into hook

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Marnie

Hi Tom,

I’m having trouble with an Elementor section template when I insert it into the GP pre header hook. What I mean is that opening the E section template live yields active links. After inserting into the hook the links no longer function. Here is a test page both with the same template inserted into the hook and as a normal page setting:

http://cinnamonstick-dev.turnleafcreatives.com/test/

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Marnie

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Are you using Elementor Canvas? The page actually doesn’t have any GP element showing.

Marnie

Hi Leo,

I used Elementor Canvas to create the section, but after that I used the EPro short code to insert into the GP pre header hook – the top bar is the E Canvas section inserted into the hook (doesn’t work), but the same section was inserted into the body of the page (does work).

Marnie

Here’s the home page that utilizes all of my GP settings with the pre header hook insert:

http://cinnamonstick-dev.turnleafcreatives.com/

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Looks like it’s covered up by the header padding.

Are you wanting that to float right on top of the main menu?

What about using the secondary navigation?

Marnie

Are you saying that even though the inserted hook section is visible the linking capability is covered by the padding? I configured the padding and z index so that the menu floats on top of the content of the page or that the content is behind the main menu and the inserted hook material is solid and not on top.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I wonder if it would be better in this case to remove the logo completely, and then add it into one of your Elementor templates? Then you could position:absolute it so it sits on top of both rows?

Marnie

Sorry guys. It’s not the logo I’m having trouble with. That seems to be looking and linking fine. It’s the top bar above the logo image and built in menu (inserted into the pre header hook) that is set up to have linkage on the social icons, email and phone. The first link illustrates that those links aren’t working in the hook but are if inserted into the page content.

http://cinnamonstick-dev.turnleafcreatives.com/test/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The problem is that the header which holds the logo is set to display on top of everything else. That’s making it so the links can’t be clicked.

We can make the top bar sit on top of the header, but then the bar sits on top of the logo and doesn’t look very good.

If we remove the header element completely and add the logo into one of those Elementor templates, then this problem wouldn’t exist anymore.

let me know πŸ™‚

Marnie

Ah, I think I get what you’re saying. I’ll give that a go and report back. Thanks Tom!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! πŸ™‚

Marnie

A few more tweaks, but it’s working. Thanks Tom!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome πŸ™‚

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.