[Support request] Elementor not loading in GeneratePress 1.7.2

Home Forums Support [Support request] Elementor not loading in GeneratePress 1.7.2

Home Forums Support Elementor not loading in GeneratePress 1.7.2

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hannah

I have been using Elementor with GeneratePress Premium and it was working fine until I upgraded to version 1.7.2. Now when I try to edit with Elementor it gets stuck on the load page.

Elementor works fine when I deactivate the Premium plugin so this is definitely the cause of the problem.

This is the error message I am getting from Elementor in my System Info:

ReferenceError: Swiper is not defined
    at http://sienna-blog.local/wp-content/plugins/elementor-pro/assets/js/frontend.min.js?ver=2.1.4 – 2:12065
    2018-08-21 08:11 +00:00
    x 3 times

ReferenceError: Can’t find variable: Swiper
    at http://sienna-blog.local/wp-content/plugins/elementor-pro/assets/js/frontend.min.js?ver=2.1.4 – 2:12071
    2018-08-21 07:52 +00:00

I am building my site on a local server so I don’t think there is a way to share it? I am new to web design so I’m unsure what information to provide in order to get help. Please let me know.

Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i think the error you have is unrelated to the problem.
    You may want to contact Elementor support but in the meantime they provide this help guide:

https://docs.elementor.com/article/189-having-problems-using-elementor-start-here

It is generally a low memory limit issue or can be caching.

Hannah

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to me. I will contact Elementor but I think the issue is with GeneratePress because Elementor works fine as soon as I deactivate GeneratePress Premium…

I have tried increasing the memory limit of my local host and purging my cache and neither have worked.

Let me know if you have any other ideas.

Thanks,
    Hannah

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Hannah,

can you check the PHP version. Make sure it is version 7.x and ideally you want at least 128meg if not higher memory.

Hannah

Hi David,

Yes, I am using PHP version 7.1.7 with 256M of memory. I tried raising this to 500M and it didn’t fix the issue.

Thanks,
    Hannah

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK, so make sure you have the latest GPP installed, then process of elimination. Can you deactivate all other plugins apart from Elementor/Pro and GP Premium?

If the issue still persists can you deactivate each of the GP modules one by one and see if any of them are related.

Hannah

Thanks David.

Seems to be working now. The issue was caused by Hooks and Page Header being active when they’ve been deprecated.

Thanks for your help!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Well glad to hear you got it resolved. I will look into this 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.