[Support request] Elementor header and Generate press header

Home Forums Support [Support request] Elementor header and Generate press header

Home Forums Support Elementor header and Generate press header

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Wicks

Hi, I am trying to achieve the transparent navigation type of layout using Elementor header template but Generate press doesn’t display it at all!
    I did change the setting on site header of GP to merge but still nothing shows up!
    any help would be appreciated.
    thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you provide more details of what you’ve done?

A link to your site will also help – you can edit the original topic and use the private URL field.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Wicks

Hi leo,
    I am working on my local comp So i wont be to able to send an active link.
    let me try again.

I am trying to design a home page with full screen image or video as a background on which I’d like my navigation and site logo to appear without any background color (transparent).
    Now when i try to build a header template using the elementor page builder, a) the header template come with the default template of GP with sidebars and other meta boxes. This i managed to turn off using the customiser and removing the widgets, even after doing this, It would still show me a content box of GP that i am unable to remove.
    Question 1: How to have a clean environment where i can build my header using the elementor.
    Question 2: Even with the content box and side bar, the header that i created using elementor would not appear on the home page. What could be the problem. I did set the navigation option to show the header above everything. I also enabled the merge option in the site headers of GP.

I also tried removing elementor’s header template and used the native GP element option to show the navigation but would still not display.

Hope you now have a better picture of my problem. Thanks for helping

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

To set a blank area for your Elementor page, you can:

1. Remove the GP sidebars: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/sidebar-layout/
    2. Remove the content title: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/disable-elements-overview/
    3. Set the Page Builder Container to Full Width: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-builder-container/

Now your Elementor section should take up the whole page, except for the header.

Now to sit the GP header on top of it, you would:

1. Create a new “Header” element in “Appearance > Elements”.
    2. Go to the “Site Header” tab and tell it to “Merge”.
    3. Set any colors etc.. you need to apply to the header.
    4. Go to “Display Rules” and tell it to appear on the entire site (or whatever conditions you need).

Let me know if this helps or not ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.