[Resolved] Elementor content showing as Gutenberg blocks in normal editor

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Elementor content showing as Gutenberg blocks in normal editor

Home Forums Support Elementor content showing as Gutenberg blocks in normal editor

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Steven

Hi,
    Recently our sites that use GeneratePress Pro + Elementor have started displaying the Elementor content as a Gutenberg “classic” block in the standard editor.

The page is working fine, but this never happened before and it’s concerning that there is some kind of bug.

For example, I create a page with no content. I design the page and add content in Elementor. I then go to edit the page using the standard WP editor (to add featured images, Yoast settings etc.) but in there is now also a single Gutenberg block containing all of the content from the Elementor edit.

I can delete the Gutenberg block and still edit the page in Elementor. No content is lost. Yet, when I return to the normal page editor the Gutenberg block reappears…

https://www.dropbox.com/s/atsrvpzwjj94uy1/Screenshot%202019-07-21%2013.00.19.png?dl=0

Is this a known bug, or have I misconfigured something??

Thanks
    Steve

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Have you checked with Elementor’s plugin support?

Let me know 🙂

Steven

Hi yes,

I’m still waiting back from them. Has this not been reported elsewhere? It’s happening with most of our sites and they are pretty much standard GeneratePress + Elementor installs, nothing special. Pro versions of both.

I realise this might be an Elementor issue, but as the block is appearing in a standard page edit, I thought it might be a GP issue?

Steve

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Haven’t received any reports on this yet.

I realise this might be an Elementor issue, but as the block is appearing in a standard page edit

Most of that is handled by WordPress’ default editor.

What if you activate a WordPress default twenty series theme? Does the same thing happen?

Let me know 🙂

Steven

To be honest I’m reluctant to try that on this production site. It started happening after recent updates to Elementor and GP. WordPress 5.2.2 has been on there for a while when this issue wasn’t present, and no new have been plugins installed (only existing updated).

So I can only slummiest so far that it’s either GP or Elementor, but yes it might be another plugin that’s updated..

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That would help us identify where the issue is coming from for sure.

You won’t lose any of your customizations by switching a theme 🙂

I understand if you don’t want to switch. We can wait for Elementor to reply first.

Steven

Yes, I’ll let you k ow as soon as they respond. And sorry for the odd spelling, predictive text on my tablet. Slummiest was meant to be surmise…

Steven

Update – I have just received this from Elementor support:

Hi Steve,

Thank you for contacting us.

We are aware of this issue. Our developers are working on this issue already.
    Although I am unable to provide you with an ETA as to when this fix will be released.

So, it would seem it’s an Elementor bug and they’re aware/working on it – think it’s fair to mark this as fixed from a GP perspective.

Thanks for the help.

Steve

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks for reporting back 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.