[Support request] Elementor Canvas Template conflict with Generate Press

Home Forums Support [Support request] Elementor Canvas Template conflict with Generate Press

Home Forums Support Elementor Canvas Template conflict with Generate Press

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    nickdgreen

I created a page using the Elementor Canvas template because I wanted it blank and only have the content I added. Having created the page it was saved as a template (“townTemplate”) in “My Templates”. A new page was created using the Generate Press ‘default’ template and the “townTemplate” inserted and edited. When this new page is view (front end) in Chrome it looks just like the original. When viewed with Firefox, however, the content is all pushed to the extreme right-hand side of the screen. I went back to the “my template” page and changed it to the GP default template and turned everything off using the GPP check boxes, saved it and then inserted that into a new page and that works OK in Chrome and Firefox. It appears, therefore, to be a conflict between Elementor Canvas (when it’s used to create a template) and GP. I have a fix for now and it’s way above my pay grade to work out what’s wrong. I have also opened a ticket with Elementor as an “advisory” about the issue.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you link us to the page in question?

I checked a couple pages and they all look normal to me.

Keep in mind that Elementor Canvas strips all of GP’s element so if you are having issue it’s likely causing by Elementor.

Let me know if you need to have another look ๐Ÿ™‚

Lyle

Hi Nick,

I just tried the method you describe and the results look fine in all browsers tested ๐Ÿ™‚

The latest: Chrome, FF, Opera, IE 11 and Edge

Cheers!
    Lyle

nickdgreen

This is a page we haven’t “fixed” yet try that one Lyle. http://www.midasifp.co.uk/financial-adviser-doncaster/

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

This issue isn’t related to whether it be an elementor canvas template or not. It is due to the negative margin on the following element:

.elementor-1229 .elementor-element.elementor-element-tiqmuhg {
        transition: background .3s,border .3s,border-radius .3s,box-shadow .3s;
        margin-top: -5px;
        margin-bottom: 0;
    }

removing the negative margin fixes this issue. Also proven by going to one of the pages where a template hasn’t been used and applying a neg margin to the top elementor section you get the same result.
    It looks as though for some reason Firefox is forcing the content to fit along side the nav menu – maybe a clearfix or flex issue(?!?). You can see this by adjusting the browser size or by removing elements from the menu – the more space available the wider the broken section becomes.

You may want to try disabling autoptimize to see if there is an issue with the minified CSS being generated.

nickdgreen

David,
    That may very well be the cause of the problem but the point is it’s not code I have added. Insert the template based on the Elementor Canvas = Problem, insert the template based on the GP default template = no problem. Therefore there is an incompatibility somewhere and I have a strong suspicion that it is an Elementor problem but I logged it in here as a heads up for Tom.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Nick, just trying to add some value to identify the issue. Your point was that there was an issue with Elementor Canvas template and GP. Which doesn’t seem to be the case as the problem can be replicated on a page that i believe has been created without an Elementor Canvas template. It would be good to see if your workaround page doesn’t have the negative margin the template has.
    I would hazzard a guess that the over divitis and css of elementor (templates have an extra div or two) with the added optimization is giving Firefox the run-around, it being the most codex critical browser it generally demonstrates more issues when code is poor. It has also had bugs with lost margin/padding and odd flex handling in the past.
    It definitely looks as though the elementor content is being squeezed to fit the available space around the nav due to the neg margin overlap which may be something that Tom would be interested in reviewing…. it is very bizarre.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you try clearing and turning off your caching plugin? It’s hard to review the code, as everything is all jumbled up.

It looks like a flex issue, but it’s hard to tell.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.