[Resolved] Elementor Canva setting and Google anal

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Elementor Canva setting and Google anal

Home Forums Support Elementor Canva setting and Google anal

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    JC

I noticed I’m no longer registering page views for a page I just created/replaced.

https://jcdfitness.com/hot-bod/

I think it’s because when using Canva, it strips the header/footer areas, and the google analytics code is in the header.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

This is something you will need to check with Elementor’s support.

When Canvas is used, all of the theme elements are stripped so GP doesn’t actually have control over anything.

Let me know πŸ™‚

JC

thanks Leo. I’m using their basic version, so not sure if they’ll respond to my email. πŸ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I hope they do!

JC

I just got this response, but I don’t think she’s right because of how Elementor handles the header/footer. or am I wrong?

View post on imgur.com

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

as Leo said Elementor Canvas replaces the theme template and therefore strips out all the hooks. I did think that the WP_head hook still exists so that should work. But maybe noe.

But instead of using Canvas you can use the Default template. Then create a Layout Element:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/

In the layout element you can remove all the theme elements and set it to a pagebuilder container (contained or full width). Then you have the same as Canvas but all the goodness of GeneratePress.

JC

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/

In the layout element you can remove all the theme elements and set it to a pagebuilder container (contained or full width). Then you have the same as Canvas but all the goodness of GeneratePress.

wow. you weren’t joking about the bold. It took me about 15 minutes and now all my Elementor pages are fixed. Super easy. thanks a ton for the support. Elementor didn’t seem to get it.

And this makes me even more happy I switched to GP from Studiopress.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome.
    Something else that may help, when you edit templates in Elementor it uses the default template so sidebars etc can get in the way. If thats an issue then in the Layout Element you created you can add the Templates > All My Templates to the locations πŸ™‚

JC

thanks. I imagine this Elements feature would also work if you wanted to create a single column content area for blogs and pages, huh?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Not sure what you mean?

The Elements add-on doesn’t have columns options included.

You can see all the features in the doc page.

JC

I’ll read more. thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.