[Support request] Elementor and generator templates

Home Forums Support [Support request] Elementor and generator templates

Home Forums Support Elementor and generator templates

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jeff

I’m using GP Premium and Elementor Pro.

I’ve hit a brick wall in Elementor’s functionality and I’m wondering if I can achieve my goals in GP.

Essentially, I want to have a full screen slider carousel (mixed video and image content) at the top of each of my posts. Each post will have a different gallery, with a different selection of images.

I can build the template in Elementor, but I cannot edit the slider within the template.

SO……. is it possible to introduce in some way a shortcode field at the top of all my product pages, underneath the navigation but above the Elementor single post template.

In essence I want to make my page like the GP ‘Sections’ functionality but using Elemnentor. So the resulting sinlge post would look this this:

SECTION 1: WordPress shortcode widget
    SECTION 2: Elementor Single Post Template

This way, my posts can be populate dynamically, but I can also add unique information in the shortcode area.

Sorry is this is a newb/obvious question – just trying to find the right tools for the job!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

You would need a Slider that can support dynamic content. Smart Slider 3 can work with ACF (Advanced Custom Fields) to do that, there are other solutions though.

https://smartslider3.helpscoutdocs.com/article/1203-using-advanced-custom-fields-to-call-in-our-slider-into-your-theme

Alternatively it would require coding, something which one of our GP Facebook community users posted about.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.