[Resolved] Element not maintaining Gutenberg block styling

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Element not maintaining Gutenberg block styling

Home Forums Support Element not maintaining Gutenberg block styling

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Eli

Updated GP Premium on my staging site and it seems to have broken an element I have to put social share buttons under the blog header. The element places a shortcode containing a reusable block. It is working great on the live site running the previous version of GP Premium.
    Staging site: https://teal.generalcode.com/blog/byob-bring-your-own-bag/
    Live site: https://www.generalcode.com/blog/byob-bring-your-own-bag/
    Notice the difference in the social buttons below the header. I have tried putting different blocks in their place with the same result (all styling is removed, seems to just use the block defaults). Also tried copying and pasting the code which didn’t work either.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The code for those social icons are either from Kadence block or CoBLocks and I’m not seeing anything from GP.

Can you check with the plugin support first?

Eli

I think I eliminated the block plugins from the problem by swapping in other blocks from other plugins all resulting in the same issue (not maintaining any stylizing). The first thing I thought was causing the issue was a shortcode plugin which was how I was inserting the blocks. When I put the code directly into the element without a shortcode and it still wasn’t working I thought that only left the GeneratePress plugin as the issue. I don’t see an easy way to revert to the previous version to be sure, but I think the fact that the live site under the previous version (working fine) vs the staging site with the latest version (not working) makes it fairly clear.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

GP Premium should have nothing to do with those content coming from the plugin itself.

Are you able to check with their support to see if they can see anything?

Does the issue exist if you disable GP Premium?

Eli

The plugins are working fine everywhere except in this case where they’re included in a GP Elements hook placing them in the blog header, sorry if this wasn’t clear. If I disable GP Premium they disappear completely so not much help.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Is it a shortcode you are adding?

Eli

Yes, it’s a shortcode.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m actually surprised it was working in the first place, but it depends on how Kadence/CoBlocks generate their dynamic CSS.

It seems on the staging site none of the coblocks-style.css CSS is loading. The staging site seems to be using ghostkit instead of kadence for the surrounding elements.

For our own block plugin (GenerateBlocks), we check the actual content for blocks and build our CSS based on that. If a block is included outside of the content area, we don’t know it exists and therefore can’t build the necessary CSS.

GP Premium 1.11.0 will include functionality for this, letting GenerateBlocks know the blocks exist elsewhere. However, it’s likely not possible to do this for every block plugin out there.

If Kadence/CoBlocks have made it so we can tell their plugin to check elsewhere for their blocks (other than the post content), we can likely provide a solution in here, but that depends on if it’s possible on their end of things.

Eli

OK. Two questions then. I can’t find the GenerateBlocks plugin? If it works best with the theme would love to check it out. And secondly, all I really want to do is add sharing buttons under the header of blog posts, clearly there’s a better way than hooking a reusable block shortcode. Any tips for that?
    Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

GenerateBlocks isn’t officially released yet, but we’re planning on releasing it tomorrow. You can download the RC here: https://generateblocks.com

However, it isn’t yet compatible with Elements. That will come in GP Premium 1.11.0, which is in development right now.

Have you tried any of the social sharing plugins out there? Will these buttons share the current post, or link to social profiles?

Eli

Cool, look forward to checking that out. For now I’ll find another plugin for this purpose. Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.