[Resolved] Element not behaving consistently

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Element not behaving consistently

Home Forums Support Element not behaving consistently

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    David Bennett

I’ve got different behaviour between the retail site and the trade site with the same set up.

On the trade site (trade.flyi….), everything behaves as expected. The site title, tag line, and primary navigation are centred and the page hero sits below the header. The header remains centred when I click to go into the other pages, including when I click to go into the greeting cards.

On the retail site (www.flyi…), things do not behave as expected when I am logged out. When I am logged in, the site title, tag line, and primary navigation are centred and the page hero sits below the header. The header remains centred when I click to go into the other pages, including when I click to go into the greeting cards.

But when I am logged out, and click on the cards or the posters (or at least when I click on the lower tab in the sub-menu) – the site titles switches to position left and the primary navigation switches to the right.

I am stumped. I cleared the cache, optimised tables, and cleared the CDN. I haven’t deactivated plugins, but I can’t think there is anything different between the main site and the trade site that would interfere – and the behaviour is so quixotic that I think it must be something I have overlooked that is causing the problem.

Can you point me to what you think it might be?

Thank you.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

That is very strange.

Somehow the home page seems to have different settings then some of the sub pages.

I’ve actually not seen this issue before so unfortunately we will need to try some debugging tips.

Can you disable all plugins except GP Premium first? Make sure to clear the caching plugin then disable it last.

Any custom functions or things in hooks?

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

David Bennett

Thank you. I started by disabling a php snippet to disable emojis (see code here) – and that was the culprit.

Can you tell from this why it was interfering with the display?

remove_action( 'wp_head', 'print_emoji_detection_script', 7 ); 
    remove_action( 'admin_print_scripts', 'print_emoji_detection_script' ); 
    remove_action( 'wp_print_styles', 'print_emoji_styles' ); 
    remove_action( 'admin_print_styles', 'print_emoji_styles' );
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, that code shouldn’t break anything. If you re-add it do things break again?

David Bennett

Thanks. I activated the snippet again, cleared everything, and the layout is still OK.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Strange, I assume there was some sort of caching holding on until that file changed. Glad it’s all working now ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.