[Support request] Element display rules very slow to populate

Home Forums Support [Support request] Element display rules very slow to populate

Home Forums Support Element display rules very slow to populate

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    anand

I have only one elements rule.

But its very very slow to populate and also most of the times i am unalbe to edit or change any values in it.

we have >25k posts but hosted on kinsta.. the rest of the site is very fast and reponds faster but for this alone.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Tom is looking into this for GP Premium 1.9 – there is not an easy workaround for this at the moment.

So is the element rule being applied to a specific post or posts? If so would a better alternative be to give those posts a specific tag and use that for your display rule?

stlayman

I have a lot of pages using different page headers too. Besides loading slow, once loaded the display rules for the defined pages field goes blank. So my particular header is not loading on any of those pages. Those pages are defaulting to a different header entirely. The headers are using the correct calls.
    I am using version 2.4.1 with with GP Premium 1.9.1.
    Please see https://pasteboard.co/INxGYm6.png

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This is a top priority in GPP 1.10.

However, that’s a lot of Display Rules! Perhaps it would be easier to add your pages to categories, and then use the categories in your Display Rules?: https://wordpress.org/plugins/add-category-to-pages/

That should simplify things a lot on your end.

stlayman

Tom, I’m still having this issue with header elements, where there are a lot of pages tied to a particular header(s) and the pages are not populating, so I’m hesitant to even ‘save’ any single element. Under display rules > location the list of pages take a long time to populate, or not at all, and stalls. There are around 26 pages in total for one of the elements in particular. Is there going to be a patch for this? It’s a great feature if it ran faster. I believe this may be tied in to my current support ticket 1404365 where exluding a page is not working either. If you can PM me, I’ll send you the site login to take a look.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This is a tough one to fix, unfortunately. I’m certainly working on it.

Instead of needing to add so many pages to an Element, it’s better to use a plugin like this: https://wordpress.org/plugins/create-and-assign-categories-for-pages/

That way you can create categories for pages, and then add those pages to the category.

That way, you just need to select the category in the Display Rules instead of 20+ pages.

stlayman

Ok, do you know if this plug-in mixes pages in with post categories on wp search results and/or list them in the blog category widget? That would be one reason I’d hesitate doing it that way.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I don’t believe so, no. It should just be a way to categorize your pages.

Of course, you can always test to make sure it doesn’t interfere once you’ve set up some categories.

stlayman

Ok, I’ll try it out, thanks

stlayman

Sadly, the category for pages plugin adds the new category to the Categories widget on the blog right sidebar. So I don’t think I want to do that.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s a shame. You can always register a custom taxonomy to pages: https://www.isitwp.com/register-taxonomy-pages/

Natalie

GP premium 2.0 Alpha 4 changelog lists:
    Elements: Improve Display Rule loading performance

is that the fix for this issue?
    Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

yes that change was added to help with this issue.

Natalie

great, thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.