[Resolved] Element banners and corrupted database

Home Forums Support Element banners and corrupted database

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by Tom.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Daniel

Hi,

after installing a couple of new plugins (WP External Links by Nofactory and WP Content Copy Protection & No Right Click by Wp-buy), I have been experiencing problems with my database.

1. Strange characters started appearing instead of an apostrophe, quotation marks, etc. and

2. one element banner appears on all of my pages (ex. a banner about traveling to Southeast Asia appears on my page about traveling to Europe even though the Europe page has all of its content the same as it was).

The host tried to fix my database but things have only gotten worse and they’re saying the issue might come from a conflict between the theme and a plugin. I mentioned the two plugins above because they’re the only two that are new, before them everything worked fine (and unfortunately, yes I have to keep these two or other plugins that do the same job).

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

GP doesn’t do anything that would effect the encoding of your content in the database – the theme simply displays the content via its templates.

If it occurred only after those plugins were added i would begin by eliminating which is the cause and raising it with the plugin author.

Daniel

Thanks for the clarification, David. Will do that.

Daniel

Almost forgot, any thoughts on the single element showing everywhere? I just double-checked and all of the pages that have elements display the Southeast Asia banner while the URL and all the content on all the pages are okay.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Is that a Hook Element? If so, can you take screenshot of your Display Rules for us?

Daniel

Thanks, Tom but I found the answer in the meantime. Somehow, when this database issue occurred, the settings of that particular banner were set to just ‘page’. I guess that’s why it displayed everywhere.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.