[Support request] Each Featured Image in Posts Replaces the Logo & Icon Images

Home Forums Support [Support request] Each Featured Image in Posts Replaces the Logo & Icon Images

Home Forums Support Each Featured Image in Posts Replaces the Logo & Icon Images

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Davor

Hello There,

I wanted to see if I could please get some assistance with my website.

Information.

I downloaded a WordPress plugin called “Amazon Product in a Post”. The plugin has a functionality where it is able to pull in and automatically set a featured image for a particular post directly from Amazon.com. The plugin basically has a small form inside of the WordPress Posts interface where it asks you to input the direct link of an Amazon image. Once you place this image link inside of this box and click on publish or update, the image from Amazon becomes your post’s featured image. Amazon’s TOS clearly states that you can use their images via their API, but should never just download the image and host on your website. This plugin uses Amazon’s API to just pull in the image, so it is great.

Now, my issue.

When I utilize this featured image feature from this plugin, for some reason it doesn’t only apply the Amazon image to the “Featured Image” of a post, it actually changes additional website images like the LOGO as well as the ICON of the website. Also important, whatever post that you are on within my website, that post’s featured image becomes the logo and icon. Basically, the logo/icon changes on any post that you end up on. The homepage (blog-roll) just adopts the very first post’s featured image and uses that for it’s logo/icon. Weird issue I know, but I am absolutely at a loss of what I can try to fix this.

I understand that this is not a GeneratePress theme issue necessarily as the plugin is the culprit, but I wanted to see if there is any way that you could just take a look at my website’s code and see where this plugin is making this happen. I used the “Page Source” and the “Inspect” browsers tools to locate the “amazon-featured-image” moniker for the featured image thing, but I’m not sure what to do with it now to remove it. I’m hoping that this is something where you could just look at my website’s code and have an idea within seconds/minutes as far as what I could try?

Do you know of any code off the top of your head where I can tell this “amazon-featured-image” moniker to strictly only apply to the featured image for a post and nothing else? Is this something I could do via CSS, or to create some type of hook or to edit the Functions page in the theme?

I submitted support tickets with the plugin’s developer, but have received zero response. This is why I’m reaching out to the great GeneratePress community and support for some aid ๐Ÿ™‚

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ahead ๐Ÿ™‚

Davor

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

that is peculiar – i am only seeing the Logo change – the archives are showing individual images.
    Can you disable any cache/lazy loading plugins to see if thats messing with the plugins scripts.

Davor

Hey David, thanks for the reply. Sorry, forgot to mention that I have already done that (disabled caching, lazy load plugins). Didn’t help. As far as the archives showing, I had a related-posts plugin that I have since removed, which did show all of the related posts (up to 6 per page) with them all having the same image.

And the icon, I’m getting the icon weirdness too unfortunately. My dashboard lists the correct icon, but not the rest of the pages. Please see image in private area.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Unfortunately I’m not sure if we could be helpful here as it sounds like the plugin needs to fix some issues on their end.

Maybe find another plugin that offers the same/similar features?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.