[Resolved] Dynamic Table of Contents Possible?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Dynamic Table of Contents Possible?

Home Forums Support Dynamic Table of Contents Possible?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris

Hello friends,

Here’s a link to look at for an example of what I want: https://www.awai.com/seo-content-writing/

Please note the table of contents on the left. This is for a so-called “Search Engine Optimization (SEO) magnet” that’s really a cluster of web pages, one a “local home page” and the others “child pages”. Each page has significant content and they all refer to each other. That’s what makes it a good SEO resource.

What’s remarkable about the TOC is that it subsumes the content of all the connected pages. And, it’s somewhat dynamic in that it shows the headings for the page you’re on as TOC sub-items, and then swaps those out for another page’s headings when you switch to a new page.

Altogether, rather slick, and a great way to encourage page interactions!

I want to do the same thing in my website!

Questions for you:

1) Is this sort of thing supported now by GeneratePress?
    2) If not, how would I approach finding and integrating a Javascript library that would not step on GP’s toes?
    3) Do you perhaps have any recommendations for such a library that you know plays well with GP?

Thanks for any guidance.

Cheers,
    Chris

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I think you could achieve the TOC with the Easy Table of Contents.
    The second part depends on what the relationship between current page and those links.

eg. This plugin will display a list of Child Pages:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/cc-child-pages/

Or you may have to use something to list posts by relationship eg. Taxonomy Term.

Chris

Those are great references! I’m glad to know there are plugin options, because although I can code, I prefer not to for website stuff. I’ll play around with them and see how they work. Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.