[Support request] Dynamic Content Template for The Events Calendar single event?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Dynamic Content Template for The Events Calendar single event?

Home Forums Support Dynamic Content Template for The Events Calendar single event?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Marcel

I’m searching all over but can’t find a solution to create a Content Template for a single page for The Events Calendar (TEC).

As far as I understand it should be possible to create a Content Template with “apply to: Posts with custom field” but then when trying to add a dynamic field I was expecting dynamic elements from TEC.

Did anyone succeeded and/or what can I do to make this work? It would be awesome if GPP and GB are able to create event posts in the same look-and-feel as the rest of the site.

Kind regards,

Marcel.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Content Template type will only with PHP Templates from the theme, or Custom Post Types that were built using the copies of those templates. And i believe Events Calender generates its own templates which it won’t work with.

If you’re just looking to display a Custom Field within those templates then check with Event Calendar support for a list of available Action Hooks, which you should be able to use in the Block Element by selecting the Custom Hook option.

Marcel

Thanks @David I’ve looked for it but it looks way too difficult for me to find the right hooks and configure it. It’s really a pity TEC is used by > 800k but the looks are really bad compared to GPP etc.

🙁

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yeah they have some developer level documentation for templating – definitely not an easy one.

Sorry couldn’t be of help in this instance.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.