[Resolved] Duplicate sections?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Duplicate sections?

Home Forums Support Duplicate sections?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dave

Hey guys, one thing I would find super useful is the option to clone or duplicate an entire section when using section mode. Is this a capability being considered?

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Yup it’s been mentioned a few times and we are definitely considering it.

Unfortunately Sections won’t be updated until Gutenberg is out and ready to go, once that happens Sections will be getting a makeover ๐Ÿ™‚

Dave

Sounds great!

Yeah I heard Gutenberg got locked up for awhile cause of those crimes he committed. I’m excited he’ll be out and ready to go soon.

Christian Zumbrunnen

I found a “clever” solution/workaround here: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/copy-sections/.

Block Editor (formerly known as Gutenberg) is out now and I’m looking forward how GeneratePress will make use of it and/or advance with it’s own thing.

Still I’d like to see a way to duplicate and reuse sections.

Any news and plans if or when that could become a feature?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Right now we’re developing a Section block, which will in time replace the legacy Sections, as the Classic Editor won’t be around forever. Not sure if we’ll invest in new features for legacy Sections as of right now, but we haven’t completely ruled it out.

Christian Zumbrunnen

Thank you so much for the very quick answer.

A section block sounds great.

I absolutely understand that you might not invest too much in legacy sections.

It has been an elegant workaround for a problem WordPress should have had solved long ago.

Gutenberg is still not where it should be but it’s probably better to invest towards it then towards a “legacy” solution.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I agree – the Sections block is super useful already. Hopefully it improves the Gutenberg experience for you ๐Ÿ™‚

Swizzonic AG

It would be almost perfect, if sections and Gutenberg blocks could live “side by side” within a post/page. So I could have some blocks, then a section, then some other blocks etc.

But it was not possible to use sections and the “normal” content together before, so I understand that this is technically probably not easy to accomplish.

Independently of that, it would be great if a section could be duplicated (within a post/page or even copied/moved between post/pages) as was the initial theme of this post.

Anyway. Thanks again for the very affordable generatepress pro and your incredible helpful support.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.