[Support request] dropdown vertical menu

Home Forums Support [Support request] dropdown vertical menu

Home Forums Support dropdown vertical menu

• This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Francesca

I would need to make the menu in the footer a dropdown menu. is it possible to do it since it is a vertical menu? I tried modifying personalize – layout – primary navigation – click -arrow, but it does not work.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If it’s a menu widget, it would involve some pretty considerable coding. Can you link me to your site?

Francesca

Yes of course

http://francesca.megcorsi.com/

the menu widget is in the footer

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

How would it work exactly? Do you have any examples of sites using a menu like that in the footer with a dropdown menu?

Francesca

currently my menu footer is like this:
    HOME
    PARTNERSHIP
    EVENTI
    CONTATTI

I would like it to look like this:
    HOME
    PARTNERSHIP (custom link)
        legnago bonsai (custom link)
        Italia Bonsai (custom link)
    EVENTI
    CONTATTI

I need a dropdown for the PARTNERSHIP (which is not a page but a custom link)

thank you so much

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You should just need to add those items to the menu and indent them under the Partnership link: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-wordpress-menu-builder/#creating-a%C2%A0drop-down-menu

Then we can use a little CSS to indent them if they aren’t already.

Francesca

I added the links to the PARTNERSHIP item. If I had to add more links in the future, would the code work for those too?
    thank you for your support

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So they’re indented by default. From your example above, that’s what you wanted?

Or are you trying to get them to appear on hover only like a regular menu? If that’s the case, I’m not really sure how it would look/function. If you have any examples of that, I’d be happy to take a look.

Francesca

I would like the PARTNERSHIP item to appear as the Help item in the menu of this forum. With the arrow, then on hover only like a regular menu. I hope I explained correctly. Thank you.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, I understand. How would this look exactly? Since the items are in the footer, I’m not sure I can picture a user friendly way to do a dropdown menu. As a user, I would much prefer to just see the items.

Do you have any examples of sites with dropdown menus in the footer?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.