[Resolved] Dropdown Menu is Broken on 1.8.3 on iOS Safari

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Dropdown Menu is Broken on 1.8.3 on iOS Safari

Home Forums Support Dropdown Menu is Broken on 1.8.3 on iOS Safari

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Matthew

I have been lazy about upgrading to 1.8.3. I was on 1.8.1 until today. After upgrading, my dropdown menu no longer drops down properly on Safari on iOS. Worked fine at 1.8.1 but on 1.8.3 it’s broken. I have linked my site.

But it’s not an error on my end because the issue exists on your site generatepress.com too! Click the “Help” dropdown on an iPad in Safari and you will see the problem. The first click inverts the ^ and does not open the menu. The second click opens the dropdown (which is supposed to happen on first click). Then clicking on anything in the dropdown, such as “documentation” “support form” “contact” does nothing but close the dropdown.

This problem does not happen in Chrome on Windows.
    This problem does not happen in Chrome on IOS.
    This problem does not happen in Safari on OSX.

It only happens in Safari on IOS. Please confirm and help me fix it.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I just tested our website and your website using Safari on iOS and didn’t experience any problems.

We haven’t had any other reports on this either. Nothing changed regarding to the menu from 1.8.1 to 1.8.3.

Any chance you can disable all browser extensions to test? I’m guessing it’s something specific to your install.

Let me know 🙂

Matthew

Just to clarify, the dropdown menu I’m talking about is not the one inside the hamburger menu. It’s the dropdown menu when the hamburger menu is not displayed on a wider screen.

I made a video to show you the issue: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1pyj8nvujgabedd/IMG_2581.MOV?dl=0

The problem also exists on:

1. My son’s 2017 iPad (in landscape mode so the hamburger menu isn’t enabled).
    2. In Chrome’s developer tool on Windows when “device toolbar” is configured for iPad or iPad Pro and the developer tools simulate a finger press.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

This only happened when you updated to 1.8.3 from 1.8.1? This functionality is in the theme, not GPP, so that’s surprising.

Does it continue to happen if you change your dropdown type to hover?

Thanks for reporting this!

Matthew

I only noticed it after upgrading to 1.8.3 and 2.3. I skipped 1.8.2 and came straight from 1.8.1.

I’m positive it didn’t exist on 1.8.1.

I’m traveling for a few days so I can’t test it more because I only have my iPad and iPhone with me.

But as long as you can confirm the bug then I know it’s not something I need to debug myself lol.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I can confirm the bug – I’ll do some digging 🙂

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I believe I have this fixed.

If you’d like to test the fix (I’d appreciate it), you can see the changes here: https://github.com/tomusborne/generatepress/compare/release/2.3.1

If you want to simply replace a11y.min.js, you can find the updated version here: https://github.com/tomusborne/generatepress/blob/release/2.3.1/js/a11y.min.js

Thanks!

Matthew

Seems like that did the trick. Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome! Thanks for letting me know 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.