[Resolved] Drastic Adsense CTR Drop After Theme Change (format identical)

Home Forums Support Drastic Adsense CTR Drop After Theme Change (format identical)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael

First off, I love GP – it is so easy to work with! Recently I converted a site from an older theme to GP, and made the site layout and ad sizes/positions the same. One day-one with the GP theme, all was well and CTR was normal. But on day two and every day after, CTR dropped about 90%. I have other sites that did not show any change in CTR during this timeframe, so I don’t think it was a coincidental Adsense thing.

Any idea what I might have missed when I converted the site? I’ve since switched back to my old theme (which is unsupported, my reason for going to GP).

Thank you.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The theme itself shouldn’t have any effect on your CTR unless the design/ad placement was different. If there’s no difference to the user clicking your ads, your CTR shouldn’t change.

Perhaps Google was re-crawling after the theme change? How long did you wait before changing it back?

Michael

Thanks Tom, I only waited a couple of days…probably should have been more patient. I will let things settle down, and will flip the site back to GP. I appreciate your fast response.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem. I can’t see why the theme would make a difference as long as things are set up the exact same.

Let me know if you notice anything.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.