[Resolved] Double menu when using Ubermenu?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Double menu when using Ubermenu?

Home Forums Support Double menu when using Ubermenu?

• This topic has 14 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Brent

I’m trying to transition one of my client’s sites to GP, and on my local testing environment (using XAMPP), I am having a problem with Ubermenu and GP. I haven’t seen this on any other site I use Ubermenu on, which is several. So I’m assuming there is a conflict somewhere with GP, though I don’t know whether it is the fault of GP or Ubermenu. I am running latest versions of both, as of an hour ago.

So when I use Ubermenu, I get a mobile menu icon that appears before my actual menu on desktop.

Double Menu

When I collapse down to smaller screen sizes, there are then TWO mobile menus, both with different stylings and positions, but still on top of each other stacked.

I wish I could give you a login, but it is only on a local server at the moment. Any idea what might be causing this? I can’t find anything in the Ubermenu settings to change this. If needed, I can try to create a live version of the site, but trying to avoid that.

Very happy with GP, and this is the only issue preventing me from finishing the transition! Help is appreciated! Thanks!

Brent

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Brent,

Can you first try disabling it in Customizer > Layout > Primary Navigation > Navigation Location?

Let me know if this works.

Brent

Just tried it, and it removes both menus. So no luck unfortunately πŸ™

I know Ubermenu can work with GP as I’ve seen it recommended, so I’m sure it is a conflict somewhere. But just can’t figure it out since I haven’t had this problem previously.

For the record, previous theme was Avada, which they have had on their site for many years. So I’m excited to get them off of it πŸ™‚

Brent

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thought that might happen…Can you try this CSS:

.main-navigation .menu-toggle {
        display: none !important;
    }

Adding CSS: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

Let me know.

Brent

That seems to remove one of them on mobile sizes, but not on desktop resolutions. When using that CSS, it keeps the menu toggle that is shown on top in my image above, and removes the other menu. But again, only on mobile. I’m sure I could set up an !important rule or something using media queries, but would love to figure out if this problem is an actual conflict or not?

Thanks.

Brent

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you try the code above again? I edited after posting it initially.

Can’t tell without seeing the site but some other user had similar problem before I believe: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/uber-menu-issue/

Let me know.

Brent

Ok, so an update. I tried the newer code above, but it didn’t work. I went to the thread you referenced and used the following code:

@media
    (min-width: 960px) {
    .ubermenu-responsive-toggle-main.ubermenu-responsive-toggle-align-full {
    display: none;
    }
    }

It DID work……kind of. It makes everything work, but when the viewport is reduced below 768px, a second mobile menu still appears.

To make things easier, I have uploaded everything to a test site of mine that is live, and set everything to the state that I have them on the local site. You can see it here:

http://www.conservetruth.com

When you resize down below 768px, you will see the menu appear. It’s the one that is controlled by the Customizer>Layout>Primary Navigation. You can see I gave it a custom name, lol.

The kicker is that the menu in question that appears doesn’t even work. It doesn’t actually display any menu items when clicked. The other menu, which is supplied by Ubermenu, does.

Now, I know I can probably use another media query to hide that one. But I’m just thinking there might be another way. So look at the site above and see what you find, and if you need a login, I can send a Privnote to you or a private message or whatever you prefer.

Going to bed soon, so if I don’t reply right away, that’s why. But will try to stick around for a bit. Thanks!

Brent

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This should do it:

@media (max-width: 768px) {
        .main-navigation .menu-toggle {
            display: none;
        }
    }
    Brent

That code works πŸ™‚ I kind of figured that would be the solution, but didn’t know if it was intended behavior or something that is worth addressing. I’m ok with the CSS answer (and using Simple CSS, which rocks!). So I appreciate the help!

Brent

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad we could help πŸ™‚

Brent

So just a quick question on this, if you can answer. Would it be cleaner to do the method above, with the menu in GP “turned on”, but being selectively hidden, or would it be cleaner to turn it off in the Customizer, and then insert the Ubermenu directly using GP Hooks? Any downside to that compared to the method discussed in this thread? Thanks.

Brent

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Brent,

I would say it would be cleaner if you can get it to work with GP Hooks.
    Then GP menu wouldn’t be loaded then hidden by CSS. The speed maybe slightly faster πŸ™‚

Let me know if this answers your question.

Brent

Thanks. That was kind of my thinking. I just didn’t know how much code was loaded (or turned off) based on having the GP menu load or not. I’ll do a test and see which is faster, but just wanted to be sure I wasn’t missing something. Thanks!

Brent

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds good. Let us know the result.
    I’m interested to know if there would be noticeable difference as well πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Most likely wouldn’t be able to tell the difference speed-wise, but worth a shot πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.