[Resolved] Double Elementor footer templates on page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Double Elementor footer templates on page

Home Forums Support Double Elementor footer templates on page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dthcommunicraft

I created a footer template with Elementor 2.0 in the templates “footer” tab. It appeared below the original footer template on the page. It is supposed to superimpose the original. Trashing the original in the templates “all” tab removes the template from the “all” list but not from the page.

Changing the Theme from GP Premium to Twenty-sixteen eliminates the problem, only the new template appears on the page.

Please help me out of this situation. Thanx.

GP Premium 1.6.2
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Elementor should remove the core GeneratePress footer by default.

Any edits made to the theme template files? Any custom functions?

dthcommunicraft

Yes, however, that is not the issue. The issue is two Elementor footer templates appearing on the page, not a GP footer and an Elementor footer template. The bottom footer was duplicated from a previous Elementor footer template created prior to Elementor 2.0. This duplicated footer appears on the page where it should (the default GP location). The original footer template appears on the page immediately above the new duplicate. Trashing the original template in the list of templates deletes it from the listing but not the image on the page.

Replacing GP Premium theme with the Twenty-sixteen theme resolves the problem. Only one footer appears on the page. This indicates the problem is with GP Premium. I don’t want to change themes.

How do I make the original footer template go away? Thanx for your attention.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Do you have anything added in GP Hooks by chance?

dthcommunicraft

That’s the problem, Tom. The crazy thing is, Hooks is the first place I looked (twice) when the condition occurred. “I was blind, but now I see”.

Thanx for the help!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.