[Resolved] Does Gutenberg break WP Show Posts (in GP)?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Does Gutenberg break WP Show Posts (in GP)?

Home Forums Support Does Gutenberg break WP Show Posts (in GP)?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mathias

Hi Tom,
    since you’re the man behind both, it’s hopefully the right place to ask. I played around with Gutenberg preview in WordPress 4.9.8 with GP 2.1.3 Premium. Certain of our pages show recent posts via WP Show Posts plug-in and defined categories.

Thing is, that a new Gutenberg written post did not appear in his section/page until I switched back to classic editor. Another strange behavior, but surely something for the Gutenberg folks, this post was not published in a scheduled time, obviously due to ignoring the time zone. Since this might be an indicator for you as well, I would like to mention. For the time left I killed Gutenberg but I’m afraid we will have to deal with “him” early enough again.

May I place a feature request as well? It would be really great to have WP Show Posts core within the theme. How about showing posts in user defined orders and choice in sections without going around the circle forth and back to WP Show Posts? I wondered whether it’s feasible to build a drop-down or any other kind of menu or a generator for short-codes like “Shortcodes Ultimate” from Vladimir Anokhin does.

Finally it’s time to say thank you. We never had a theme that offers such a good performance over time and a coherent appearance all over the web, devices, browsers and so on. Have a good day!

Mathias

GeneratePress 2.1.3
    GP Premium 1.7
    Daniel

I would like to see WP Show Posts Part of the theme too πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I like that WPSP doesn’t rely on a specific theme – it can be used by anyone and everyone, even if they’re not using GP.

So within your Gutenberg pages, the WPSP shortcode wasn’t working? Or it wasn’t visible on the live page?

Mathias

It was a Gutenberg blog post that didn’t show up in a (non Gutenberg edited) live page.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So you created a blog post in Gutenberg, and it wasn’t displayed within a WPSP list on a separate page?

Just trying to nail down exactly what’s happening so I can test πŸ™‚

Mathias

exactly, thanks for your patience

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’ll look into this. Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’ve tested this quite a bit and I can’t replicate the issue on my end. Are you still having this issue?

Mathias

Hi Tom, thanks for coming back on this. No, we don’t. Sorry for not closing the topic earlier.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.