[Resolved] Do I need a child theme with GP premium plugin?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Do I need a child theme with GP premium plugin?

Home Forums Support Do I need a child theme with GP premium plugin?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Paola

Hi GP team,
    I’ve recently purchased the premium plugin. I’ve successfully installed it with the parent GP theme. Within the premium plugin, I’ve installed one of the predesigned themes from the site library. I have not customized this theme yet, but was I supposed to install a GP child theme in order to prevent losing any customizations when any updates are released? I tried the blank child theme but not everything seemed to work well when I tried customizing it or when I installed a predesigned theme from the site library. Thanks for clarifying!

GP Premium 1.7.2
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Thanks for supporting GP πŸ™‚

Simply speaking, if you are basically happy with the imported site and want to use the customizer or any of our add-ons to customize more, then you do not need a child theme.

If you plan on adding lots extra CSS and PHP, then child theme might be a good idea.

If you want to use a child theme with the site library, you will need to copy over the CSS in the Additional CSS field to child theme’s style.css

Let me know if this helps πŸ™‚

Paola

Thanks for your help Leo. What about more specific customization as in using a page builder? Sometimes you can use templates with these page builders. Is this still ok without a child theme as long as I don’t mess up with tons of extra CSS or PHP like you said?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there

pagebuilder content or templates won’t require a child theme either. It is only necessary for theme customisations with CSS and PHP.

Something to note: the Sites import CSS into the Customizer > Additional CSS, some a lot more than others.

Paola

Thanks πŸ™‚ !

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad we could be of help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.