[Resolved] div#page.site.grid-container.container.hfeed causing CLS

Home Forums Support [Resolved] div#page.site.grid-container.container.hfeed causing CLS

Home Forums Support div#page.site.grid-container.container.hfeed causing CLS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    William

Hi there,

I’m looking to fix CLS on my website such as with this post, and notice in Cloudflare insights that there is a lot of CLS that seems to be appearing from “div#page.site.grid-container.container.hfeed”

I cannot really tell where this is, so might be GP theme-related – what is it, and is there a way to prevent such CLS from occurring?

Kind regards,

Will

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi William,

I ran a lighthouse report for the post you linked, seems the CLS is not too bad, at least it’s green.
    https://www.screencast.com/t/sGfl05EXB8g

I don’t think GP itself causes any CLS, have you tried disabling all plugins and remove all the custom scripts, then run another test?

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

William

Hi Ying,

I can’t do that to the live version of the site – just I found Cloudflare for core web vitals to be pretty spot on in general, especially with CLS. So, just wanted to double-check and make sure there was not something going on with that element that was causing some sort of CLS with GP?

Kind regards,

Will

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Will,

To add input:

div#page.site.grid-container.container.hfeed is pretty broad as it’s a parent element of the entire content area. This flag is like saying “something is shifting the page’s content”.

I did a bit of investigating and I think the most obvious source of CLS is the <div class="header_advert"> element.

The contents of this element is shifting everything below it when it loads including div#page.site.grid-container.container.hfeed which is directly below it.

You may want to consider reserving a min-height for this element so the contents below it doesn’t get shifted down.

Example:

.header_advert {
        min-height: 300px;
        display: flex;
        justify-content: center;
        align-items: center;
    }

Note: You may have to do this for the rest of the ads on your site.

William

That has helped so much, thank you!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.