[Resolved] Display Rules not saving

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Display Rules not saving

Home Forums Support Display Rules not saving

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    drew

I’ve run into an issue with display rules on a header element where the second dropdown column values aren’t saving: https://www.screencast.com/t/WcU3sXAZiqhR

In this example, “Pages” can be selected via the first dropdown but the specific page selected for the second dropdown doesn’t save after update. Same is true for any other two col dropdown value past the first three Location rules.

Any ideas?

Drew

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

So the page hero doesn’t actually show on the page you assigned to or it’s just the setting not showing up after you save?

Also in your video, when you have selected Post Archive, it should include all Archives so no need to add the Post Category Archive.

Let me know if I’m missing something πŸ™‚

drew

Not quite Leo, apologies for not being clear. The second dropdown value in the Location display rule doesn’t save on update. Meaning, you can select an item for the second dropdown but after the page reloads, it shows as a blank value (that’s what the screencast should illustrate). Let me know if that still isn’t clear.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

When this happens, do you see any console errors when you right click + Inspect?

You might have a javascript error on the page preventing the values from being fetched.

drew

Just some errors we see often via the favicon: https://www.screencast.com/t/QYpMV62hUbwd

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Just got off Skype with Tom on this and looks like there is some sort of bug when Post Archives is set first in there.

He will be taking a closer look πŸ™‚

Thanks for reporting it!

drew

NP and I’ll hang tight for a reply on this thread once you’ve been over it πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Found and fixed. Will get this fix out in 1.7.3 πŸ™‚

For now, choose the “Post Archive” option last in your Display Rules.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I just released 1.7.3-beta.1 which fixes this πŸ™‚

drew

Awesome and thanks for keeping me in mind!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! Thanks for reporting it πŸ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.