[Resolved] Display anywhere in the cart icon

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Display anywhere in the cart icon

Home Forums Support Display anywhere in the cart icon

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Manuel

Hello!

I’ve been looking in the forum for about two hours to solve the following problem, I hope you can help me.

I want to show the Woocomerce cart icon in a custom Hook, in one of the columns of the next custom bar I created.

1) I created a custom top bar as explained here: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/top-barsecondary-navigation-area/

2) I included the function explained here: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/woocommerce-cart-second-navigation-outdated/

The problem is that this function shows the cart in the secondary menu, what I want is to show it with a shortcode if possible in the custom bar that I have created, this is important because there I will also include the language and currency change.

Thank you very much in advance!

Greetings

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

it is not currently possible to add the Menu Cart icon outside of a Menu.
    You can add it to the secondary navigation and reposition that – let me know if thats of use.

Manuel

Okay, thanks for the quick response.

It doesn’t solve my problem, but I can think of an alternative.

Is it possible to have different versions of the secondary menu in mobile and desktop versions?

• For the desktop version, the secondary menu is at the top.
    • For mobile version, the secondary menu is below the logo.

I hope you can help me, thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Would the contents of the secondary navigation be the same? So only the location would change?

Manuel

Hey, Tom, what’s up?

No, he wouldn’t be the same.

I’m building a multi-site wordpress, and I’d like to show the logos of the other stores in the secondary menu in a desktop version, in addition to the icons for selecting language, cart etc.

In Mobile version, just show the cart and language icons and show the logos in the off canva menu.

Something complex I know, but I think it’s the right way.

Regards and thanks for your support.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So could the Secondary Nav have the same content on desktop/mobile, and then we can just hide what we don’t want to display on mobile?

Moving the actual Secondary Navigation element might be difficult though, depending on where it’s showing up right now.

Manuel

I spent all morning working on it and finally managed to do it through CSS.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your support!

Regards colleagues!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got it working! Thanks for letting me know 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.