[Support request] Dispatch

Home Forums Support [Support request] Dispatch

Home Forums Support Dispatch

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Charalambos

Hello, I was looking at Dispatch theme from the library, which looks very good. I noticed that even though it loads pretty fast, the page size is quite large at around 4 MB. Could you please advice what’s the main reason for that? Is it the additional css written? Is it any particular plugin or other setting?

View post on imgur.com

Also regarding the wp show post lists, in the theme’s demo you say,

“Each of them have very particular settings required to match the demo content you see here. Changing those settings may affect the way the post is displayed, and not necessarily for the better. So please work on a duplicate or make a note before changing.”

I guess by settings you mean css settings?

Can i change the settings inside the wordpress wpsp plugin? for example number of posts to display, what categories to show, what meta to show,etc.

Finally, can i change the settings from wordpress customiser or will that affect the site? For example i want to remove the sidebar from the blog and home page.

thanks in advance

Pambos

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the reason for the large page size is due to the large number of images – around 3.4meg. The sites are not optimized or cached as this would cause problems with their installation. You would apply your own optimization/cache plugins after building your site.

This:
    “Each of them have very particular settings required to match the demo content you see here. Changing those settings may affect the way the post is displayed, and not necessarily for the better. So please work on a duplicate or make a note before changing.”

is related to each of the WPSP lists:

Align
    Standard
    Sidebar
    Header
    Simple
    Simple Sidebar

You can edit any of these lists as you see fit, changing the number of posts to be displayed, the taxonomy filter etc. Just be mindful that changing the image position or adding extra meta could break the design. For example the Sidebar list, there isn’t enough room for their to be an excerpt or additional meta.

Charalambos

Hello,

Thanks for your quick reply. I was able to reduce the page size to half – around 2 MB – just by optimizing the pictures with a plugin. So I guess after applying a good caching plugin and cdn it will even reduce further.

View post on imgur.com

Another thing i would like to mention. I noticed that the old and new wordpress editors coexist. When i want to edit an existing post or page, i have to use the classic wordpress editor,

View post on imgur.com

and when i want to create a new post, i have to use the new wordpress block editor,

View post on imgur.com

Could you please advise why this is happening? and also in case i want to use only the classic editor what shall i do?

regards

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You would need to add the Classic Editor Plugin from the WordPress repository. Within it settings you can choose to edit all posts / pages in Classic mode.

Charalambos

Hello,

Thanks for the additional info, i have installed the classic editor plugin, which works fine, but I am still a bit confused. Let me explain again.

Lets suppose i don’t want the classic editor and i want to run the site as it is. This is the new wordpress editor i get to see when i want to add a new post (which looks the way its supposed to look).

View post on imgur.com

However when i want to edit an existing post i get a different editor (for example i get to see a tool bar with several options like change headings, bold/italic, etc.),

View post on imgur.com

Could you please advise why is this happening?

regards

Pambos

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

In the right hand corner of that classi block – the 3 dot menu you should be able to convert them to Blocks. Not sure why its happening though, have you still got the Gutenberg Plugin installed?

Charalambos

Ok thanks, i see. The classic editor plugin is deactivated now, but it didn’t make any difference anyway. This was happening from the moment I uploaded the theme in wordpress. You can see it your self. Just upload the theme in a new wordpress installation and then go to edit any post or page.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Did you have the classic editor already installed before importing the site library?

Charalambos

No, I installed after your reply here.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I have not been able to replicate the issue.
    But you’re not having any problems with new posts?
    For the imported posts – as i said above you can convert the classic block to blocks by clicking the 3 dot menu and select convert to blocks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.