[Resolved] Dispatch Theme Small Bug?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Dispatch Theme Small Bug?

Home Forums Support Dispatch Theme Small Bug?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anthony

Hi, I’m developing a site using the Dispatch theme and thing I’ve come across a little bug.

When viewing the page hero on desktop there is a 1px white space on the bottom margin the first child image.
    this seems to be connected to the post class:

.post {
        margin: 0 0 2em;
    }

I’m not sure there this class is located but alering it as below remover the line from the bottom of the first child but puts it on the top of the second child.

.post {
        margin: -.5em 0 2em;
    }

I can hack a solution by making the first child height 501px but that’s not a cure for the problem.

I don’t know who maintains this theme or who to ask for advice. Have spent a fair amount of time trying find a fix but it eludes me!

Ant help here would be much appreciated.

Anthony

ps I notice this appears on the site library demo also

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

yes it’s something i have been meaning to get round to fixing. Its due to a rounding error when using CSS Grid in this method. Give this a go, look for this in the Additional CSS:

:not(.widget).wpsp-card .wp-show-posts article, .wpsp-card .wp-show-posts-image {
        margin-bottom: 0 !important;
    }

And change the margin-bottom to -1px ie.

:not(.widget).wpsp-card .wp-show-posts article, .wpsp-card .wp-show-posts-image {
        margin-bottom: -1px !important;
    }

Its a bit hackish but until i find an alternative method this should work.

Anthony

Hi David,
    Thanks for the quick response.

This fix closes the gap on the first child but moves it on to the second!

Now I understand the problem a bit more I’ll have another fiddle around, see if I can stumble upon a solution.

Nice theme be the way.

Anthony

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Haha – i think i had explored all these options and got to the point where done was better than perfect. Thanks for the feedback. I will find a solution to it…. the one that did work was browser depended urgh lol

Anthony

Been there – often!

As a designer not a developer I’ve gone for the designer fix and given “magazine Grid” a background colour that matches the secondary menu. Not perfect but not that noticeable if you are not looking for it.

Anthony

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

nice 🙂 it’s now gonna bug me for the rest of the day. thanks for the feedback

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.