[Support request] DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT is defined. You should also disallow PHP execution in GP Hoo

Home Forums Support [Support request] DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT is defined. You should also disallow PHP execution in GP Hoo

Home Forums Support DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT is defined. You should also disallow PHP execution in GP Hoo

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jos

Hi Tom or Leo,

I built several websites using your great theme. But I still get the message DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT is defined. You should also disallow PHP execution in GP Hooks. I already edited the wp-config file.
    Like this:
    define(‘DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT’, TRUE); // Sucuri Security: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 11:30:13 +0000
    define( ‘GENERATE_HOOKS_DISALLOW_PHP’, true );
    But I still get the message. I read some posts about it. Sometimes there is stated that you can hide the message.
    What I want to know is: what is the risk if disallow php in Hooks is false? Is there a security issue?

Thanks in advance!
    Jos

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

This article should explain all of it: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/disallow-php-execution/

Let us know if anything is unclear 🙂

Jos

Yes Leo,

It’s unclear to me if it’s a security risk? If it is not why there is this message?

Greets,
    Jos

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.